Posting Number: 20110382
Job Title: NGRREC Watershed Laboratory Assistant, Part-time
Grade: RA2-Field Tech 2*
Classification: Non-Exempt Staff
Rate of Pay: $12.18/hr
Type of Position: Part-Time, hours per week 20 average, number of weeks 25
Organizational Unit: NGRREC-Administration
Position Reports To: Watershed Scientist
Purpose of Position
The Laboratory Assistant will work in the Environmental Chemistry Laboratory at the National Great Rivers Research & Education Center. Some trips to the field to help collect water samples may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following are duties that are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- The Laboratory assistant (LA) will process water, sediment, and soil samples for chemical analysis in the Environmental Chemistry Laboratory.
- Work will require the use of filtering equipment, electronic balances, pH and conductivity meters, thermometers, drying oven, autoclave, pipettes, and other common laboratory items.
- The LA will maintain a safe and clean laboratory environment by learning and following safe practices and by routinely washing, rinsing and storing labware.
- Other duties will be assigned as needed.
- High school diploma required plus college-level course in introductory chemistry, including both lecture and laboratory.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (2 to 4 hours) and lift weights up to 40 lbs.
- The ability to work unsupervised in a research laboratory.
Open Date: 03/29/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Lewis & Clark Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, LCCC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. It is also the policy of the College to prohibit any form of harassment based on an individual’s protected status, such as gender, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or other protected group status as defined by law. If interested, please contact the Human Resource Department, Erickson Hall – Room 107.